Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Mr Independent

Im not really sure when we turned this corner, Bradyn has always wanted to do things for himself, but recently he has really taken this to a new level.
one day last week I was sleeping, and in comes bradyn no diffrent then any other morning, he is my wake up call... he tells me to get up he made me and Titus breakfast... (still groggy those of you know me know I am NOT a morning person) I asked him what again and he tells me come on come downstairs... I hurry out of bed, wondering what kind of mess this kid has gotten himself into, but to find three toasted waffles on the table ready with syrup and all.... I knew or thought I knew someone had helped him but thanked him for being so kind....
Well the next day I wake up and find no bradyn in his room, so I head downstairs and find him playing on the computer with Waffles in hand... I asked him who was up with him and made him breakfast, he told me shhh everyone is sleeping... sure enough no one else is awake, he is making himself breakfast... Im not sure wither to be mad at him or laugh..... We have since told him to Please wake me up when you get up.. but he has yet to remember to do it.. This morning he was in my room on my computer playing games on sprout.com I swear this kid is so stinkin smart....
Today we were up getting ready for school, and I walk into the bathroom to find Bradyn dressed and hair done...

I was so tempted to let him go to school like this, but I quickly remembered it was his Christmas party no way was he going to look like this in pictures on someone Else's camera lol
one more example of his Independence is he has been telling us for awhile he wanted to go get some tattoos like his papa (for those of you who haven't ever seen my dad he is covered in tattoos) I always tell him we will make him an apt as soon as he is old enough well Saturday we were all getting ready to head out to a friends house, when my brother brings bradyn upstairs, and says I swear I didn't do this to him (my siblings are all known for giving bradyn whatever he wants so if he wants selves he gets them)Bradyn then shows me his arms very very proud and tells me he spelt his name and wrote the number 4 on his arm (with a sharpie I might add).

I wanted to laugh but he knows better then to draw on himself so we have a little chat, and he tells me that he didn't want to wait for an apt and he was getting bigger so he felt it was big enough for tattoos... NICE
This kid swears he doesn't need Bill or I anymore :( Im glad he is growing up to be independent but Im not ready yet... Bradyn slow yourself down!!!

No comments: