Monday, March 2, 2009

a BIG thank you at the rose bowl

This past Saturday there was a big Military thing going on at the Rose Bowl, Im not exactly sure what it was but from what I can tell it was a Welcome home to 20k men and woman returning from war. and my Dad was doing the opening prayer. So we went out to see what was going on, and to say Thanks to the men and woman in the military! it was like 90 degrees out and the sun pounding on us, we all left sunburnt but it was a fun day non the less. We were there way before it started and the kids did awesome sitting or playing in our seats for hours. We had VIP seating all the way.. too bad it wasnt the rose bowl game huh ;) I know from the pictures the place looks empty but it was pretty full behind us...
I dont know if you have been able to tell from previous post but WE SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!!! now more then ever, having my siblings in the Army and my one sister in Iraq it brings a WHOLE new meaning to supporting our troops! My dad was honored to be able to pray for these troops returning from War!














1 comment:

Simply Blessed said...

That is SO awesome. There is nothing that hits so close to home as having a sibling in the military. It brings a whole new respect and understanding.