Friday, June 6, 2008

Ventura Harbor



My girls have a softball tournament in Ventura this weekend (GO CHINO HILLS) hehe. so we packed up the boys and the bikes and headed out.... to our great surprise our Friday night game was moved to Saturday morning , so We got to have a great family night out in the Marina. It was really weird being back here, My Grandpa used to live in this very same marina on his boat, while i was growing up. He has since passed away and passed the boat on to my moms step brother John, who now lives on it. We havent talked to John in years, and on our stroll from our hotel to a resturant we just happend to "run" into john. he didnt reconize me, but I did him he hadnt changed... anyways totally random, I did ask if my grandpa's boat was still out there and he assured me it was, I think I secretly wished he had invited us out to see it... but he didnt, and thats ok! it just gave me something to look for every time we were in the harbor. (its like wheres waldo)

Along one of our walks Bradyn insisted on taking this picture haha if he only what his head really was on.

No comments: