Monday, June 21, 2010

She is here!!

Now that she is almost 8 weeks old I think its time to announce miss Judah Jewel is here at last! haha
short version
she was born April 28th @ 9:06pm weighting in at 8lb 1oz 20.5 inch long (sad thing I just had to look up her birth stats I should have done this long ago)

long version
two weeks before I was scheduled to be induced Bill found out our insurance was changing the day of the scheduled induction. our bill was going to be WAY more then the 250$ we had planned on paying the whole pregnancy. GREAT it was a BIG mess and stressed me out more then I knew. every time from that point on I would get to the drs just have my blood pressure be up. I was asking each time to please move my induction up just one day something anything. but my dr who is AMAZING by the way, kept saying the hospital wouldnt let him induce me before 39wks May 1st. so I was left to trying to induce myself and lots and lots of prayer. Lindsay came in April 26th and game was on baby was coming out no matter what!!! :) she went with me to the drs the morning of the 28th and my blood pressure was up again. my dr tells me he is sending me over to labor and delivery to be monitored and go from there. he said if it stayed up they would just induce now. I knew it would be down by the time I got across the street so I kept asking questions about saturdays scheduled induction and he was really aloof with me. I didnt think anything about it then but now I see he was planning on that day being baby day all along. Lindsay was like let me stress you out we have to keep your pressures up we laughed and she was like ok really what do you do every day before your apts that could raise your bp I was like uh I always drive through starbucks on the way, so she was like ok good lets get more coffee. haha so we had a few xtra shots thrown in my drink and off to the hospital we went. I got to the front desk and the nurse tells me hi your dr Grays patient for induction right? I looked at linds and gave her alook like do I correct her or just go along with it, I didnt have to answer another nurse comes out and says oh good your here your room is all set up. I just kept going along with it got changed and kept waiting for them to send me home when they realized I wasnt the right patient haha. the dr on call comes in and explains to me she talked to dr gray and its just time to get this baby out with my bp going up. she leaves and the nurse hooks me up to get a bp before starting me on antibiotics. of course it was 111/70 or something low I thought forsure they would be sending me home now. but nope the antibiotics were started and the nurse said in two hours (2pm) she would be in to start the pitocin. at this point I did ask the nurse now that my bp down your not sending me home?! haha they assured me this baby was coming out today. so I call bill and my parents to tell them what was happening. I told them not to rush because I still expected to be sent home haha. but 2pm rolls around and pitocin was started. I didnt really get into a contraction pattern for an hour or so and never had any pain. my room started to fill up with all my family and friends this was it Judah was coming!
about 4 my nurse comes in and tells me they had a scheduled c section at 5 so if I want my epidural I could either get it now or wait till he was out or surgery. of course I didnt want to risk any pain so he came in and gave me my epi then. at about 8 I got a new nurse and she checked me I was still at a 3.5 which was super disappointing to me why the heck was I going so slow this time?! at this time bill decides to head down to the cafeteria to get dinner and some fresh air. I told my mom watch this baby is coming n ow that bill left. with bradyn we had to send someone to find him. the nurse came back in about 8:45 to check on me and I was asking about my right leg being so numb I seriously was uncomfortable because it was so numb. she was updating my chart and I was like woah sorry guys I just farted at least I think I did. the nurse was like you farted or you have pressure down there. I was like no pressure just farted. we are all laughing about this and she goes I better check you this is number 3 I was like fine with me stretch me open while your at it. so as soon as she gets her hands in there she was like DONT move this baby is falling out of you.. I turned kinda panicked to my mom and was like get bill please. lindsay was already on the phone with him. thank goodness because he got in there just as they put my legs up and Judah slid out. I wouldnt have even know she was out if my family and friends weren't saying awww and freaking out with their cameras ;)
she was perfect of course :) I had a GREAT delivery and so thankful she came before May 1st!!!

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

what a nice delivery! didnt even know she was coming! haha i hope mine is like that too. congrats!