Thursday, May 20, 2010

how to: Bow


alot of you have been asking how to make this bow that Judah is wearing in this picture so here is my attempt at a how to... sorry if it doesn't help LOL
Im not sure where credit needs to be given for this bow, I def didn't make it up so if its you Im sorry :) my girlfriend came over with a bunch of her boutique bows and we figured out (or she did and I copied) how to duplicate them.
This is the bow we are making you can make it with multiple colors or a single color.

(I cant figure out why this picture keeps turning sideways grr)
Im making this one kinda big but Im learning the bigger the better hah
so I start off taking two pieces of ribbons and cut them the same size Im cutting them 14 inches

then I hot glue the ends together to make a loop be careful to only overlap a little and the same amount on each loop

then fold each loop in half to find your middle (the glue part on the opposite)
put a little dab of glue over the glued edges and twist and glue the center part down to make a 8 shape


now cut 4 more pieces of ribbon two of each color if your using two different colors you want this piece to be a little bigger then the 8 shape on each side

then cut the ends off each of these to make them spikey?! I don't know what you call that


find the center of these and thread them on top of each other alternating colors and spread them out to where they are overlapping a little, and hot glue (using as LITTLE glue as possible) to just keep them in place.


now go back to your loops and layer them on top of each other
(you can use a little hot glue here but be sure to use a small amount because when you go to tie off the glue makes it VERY hard to fold)


I tie them together and then go back down through it and through the spikes

then I wrap the thread around them both to pull it tight, and tie off.

onces its tied off fluff it and get it to lay the way you want it to lay.
now cut two more pieces of ribbon I cut 8in to make sure I had enough to play with
lay them on top of the other and tie into a loose knot


I twist half the knot so one side looks pink and the other black


glue the knot in the center of the bow and wrap the rest around the back and glue it in place. and cut off the ends, or wrap it around your clip/headband and secure it in place


WAHLA you have a bow :) hope this helps!!!

1 comment:

Crystal said...

awwwwwwwwww you rock girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!