Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Lesson Learned

Around 3:20am this morning bill and I sat straight up in bed, we were awoken by the sound of a car alarm going off, pretty loud... we both look out the window and couldn't decided if it was our car or not. We have had our car for almost a year now but never heard that sound, we could see the reflection of the beeping lights in the windows of the house across the street. so I jump up and grab my keys and press the buttons all of them, but the beeping kept going. so we decided it probably wasn't our car. a second later the alarm went off, and we saw nothing and heard no one outside. so we both lay back down. in my stomach I kept thinking we should go down and check, but I starting thinking with my mom brain, what if someone is out there with a gun lol by the time I thought maybe we should go down together bill was already off in dream land so I just rolled over and back to bed I went.
6:30am I am woken up by bill running up the stairs, Jess our car was broken into... GET UP.... I sat up and immediately thought omg my purse was in there.... I throw on slippers and out the front door I go.... sure enough our front passenger door window was shattered (how come I didnt hear this it was right below my window) and my beautiful Dooney and Bourke purse, my sister cait got me for Christmas was gone.... along with the nice new sunglasses she got me and my wallet and all its contents not to mention a few diapers wipes cars and bradyns beloved snow train. I get on the phone with the police and bill starts calling our bank and credit cards. within minutes of them breaking into the car they had used all of my credit cards and our debit cards.... Bill was REALLY upset not only had we been violated but he tells me DAILY bring in your purse Jess, and I always say it will be fine. When ever i do bring it inside I always forget when Ileave the next time... bringing it in was just not in my habit. and my family has lived on this street for 20+ years it is a safe area nothing ever happens here... or at least I thought.
Police came and took a report and later came and dusted for prints.... the officer who is helping us out has been so nice and gone the xtra mile really trying to help us out in finding who did this. The police have followed up with survalence cameras and we have a few shots of the people as well as the cars, so Im praying they are caught. but we will see if that really happens. The office brought over the slip one of the guys signed my name on at the gas station, and seeing my name forged really struck a cord with me.. I felt even more violated I guess... not sure how to word it.. but the whole thing sucks...
two of our neighbors heard our alarm go off too and checked it out and saw NO one they have perfect views of the front of our house... so whoever did this, knew what they were doing and did it fast. its sucky because our car was in our driveway on a culdsac i might add...and the purse down on the ground not in sight, so these people were looking through our windows... and who knows how many other windows before picking ours... There was so much more they could have taken, and Im thankful no one was hurt. I have learned my lesson no more anything will be left in my car. I dont feel safe now at a place that has been my safe haven for YEARS..... sucky... I tell you what I have never prayed for someone I dislike so much untill now..... Learn from me Bring in your Purse at night!!!!!!!

2 comments:

foldreformer said...

I don't leave my purse, ususally :O), but I too leave most other things in my car and leave it unlocked too! I am so sorry this happened to you, how scary, but, yes, thank God it was just the car and no one was hurt. So scary!

Unknown said...

anthony tells me the same thing! and i think if i had an alarm (if i ever heard it) i would freeze and just pee in my bed!