Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Thank God for the Bracelet!!!




We went to the OC Fair with my parents and brother Sunday night. The boys were so excited and had a list of things they couldn't wait to do and see. I love it when the boys get excited about stuff like this because we hear stories for days of how to win fish or how they can ride the bumpy slide all by themselves. of course Bill and I love the fair for all the horrible food that leaves us with tummy aches. anyways last year at the fair I bought both the boys a ID bracelet. you know the kind we all ordered from school when we were little. Bradyn has managed to take his off every time it goes on, but Titus has left his on all year. I actually forgot he had it.
Bill and my mom took the boys to the rides, while my dad brother and I found a place to sit so I could feed the baby. I love to sit and watch all the FREAKY weird people. My brother made a comment about how it would be so easy to loose the kids here. to which I swore no way Bradyn just freezes untill he can find us and as soon as were out of Titus sight he SCREAMS his normal bloody murder scream. We could never loose either one of them.
I kid you not like 10mins later my phone starts to ring, I normally NEVER answer numbers I dont know, but for some reason I pick it up to hear the voice of a young kid with broken english say
K- "Ummmm hi, I got your Titus"
Me- " you got my what?"
K- "do you got a son titus?"
Me- now standing looking around "where is he?"
K- "with me here at the booth"
Me- "WHAT booth?"
K- "the lost kid booth"
Me- "where is that?"
and from that point on I couldn't understand him so he finally got tired of my questions and came and found me LOL
just as I hang up the phone with the kid who is now looking for me, Bill calls me and my mom is calling my dad, I didnt get a chance to pick up the phone because the kid is calling me back unable to find me it was sort of a mess and seemed like forever till he did finally find me. he took me across the fair to this big white tent that said lost children across the top. and in it was my poor SAD child sitting between two cops who were trying to talk to him. (here is where I seriously wish I could have gr abed my phone or camera and took a picture) I made eye contact with Titus who jumped up on my lap and hugged me tight. I felt so bad for him this is my child who has been my leech since birth I knew he would be freaking out. then he looks up to me with his big puffy tear filled eyes and says " I was lost, daddy loss me" LOL Ill have to record Titus telling you about how daddy loss's him its pretty cute! my brother did snap this with his phone

but honestly I cant stress how THANKFUL I am a honest nice daddy (as ty says) found him and took him to the police. there are ALOT of crazy's at the fair and this night could have ended totally diff rent!!!!
I am also VERY thankful that he had that darn ugly bracelet on. I know he was at the lost child booth and we would have found him but this speed up that process, and he was only gone 10mins tops!


more fair pics to come soon....

4 comments:

Kellee said...

This post inspired me to buy id bracelets for my kiddos at the fair this week :O)

Jenner said...

Hi jessikah-

I'm from IG, and wanted to talk to you about photoshop tricks... if you used a certain action for Judah's eyes or your own mix... This probably isn't the best place to ask, but I couldn't find another way to contact you, since I'm not gold. You can email me back at 8E@lickmy.vg.

Thanks!

Jenner

selle said...

that is an awesome story. i've always wanted 2 get my kids those bracelets. i remember too growing up how i wish i had one.

AussieMumma said...

I see wayyyy back you did a sway for a little girl and got your girl! Yippee! I'm thinking of doing the same thing and was wondering if you have any tips for me :) Feel free to msg me on my blog.
Thanks :)